UV-Disenfection For Your Drinking Water
High quality stainless steel UV systems provide assurance of safe water due to their high dosage rates of 30mj/cm2. Whether the water source is from mains supply, borehole, well or river, microbiological contamination can be treated with Ultraviolet light.
UV light is effective against contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, mould spores, algae and other micro-organisms as it prevents growth and reproduction. If left untreated, these organisms remain in the water and produce a bio-ﬁlm coating throughout the water system which harbours more bacteria and makes the water less safe to use or drink.
It is recommended that pre-ﬁltration is carried out to a level of 5 micron before the UV system. This removes visible particulate and reduces the ‘shadowing’ effect whereby organisms can be protected from the light by the presence of dirt, sediment and debris.